World Vision International (WVI)
- Indirizzo: World Vision, 11 Belgrave Road (5th Floor) - Postal Code: SW1V1RB - London - United Kingdom
- Telefono: +44 (0)2078023468
- Sito: http://www.wvi.org/
- E-Mail: email@example.com
World Vision International is an Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Inspired by Christian values, World Vision is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. World Vision has 50,000 dedicated and passionate staff and volunteers and serves 100 million people in World Vision supported communities.
Disaster Reduction Goal
World Vision works with children, families and communities at risk across the globe through long term development interventions and relief operations.
The primary approach to reducing disaster risk is through the integration of risk reduction and resilience building measures into multi-sector long term development programmes.
In addition, World Vision places strong emphasis on ensuring the collaborative development of disaster preparedness and response plans with local government and other civil society organisations. To complement this strategy, a process of vulnerability monitoring is being established across areas where slow onset drought related crises are prevalent to enhance early warning and early action.
Post disaster recovery contexts also present an opportunity to build back community infrastructure and livelihoods better and stronger to withstand future shocks and stresses.
Disaster Risk Reduction Focal Point(s)
Richard Rumsey, Director of Disaster Risk Reduction & Community Resilience, World Vision International
Pubblicazioni dell'autore World Vision International (WVI)
- Cities prepare! Reducing vulnerabilities for the urban poor
- Participatory learning approaches for resilience: bringing conflict sensitivity, disaster risk reduction, and climate change adaptation together
- Participatory scenario planning for community resilience
- Promoting resilience in development programming: World Vision UK’s approach