Internship in UNESCO's Section on Earth Sciences and Geo-Hazards Risk ReductionSupport the work of UNESCO’s Section on Earth Sciences and Geo-Hazards Risk Reduction in the field of geo-hazard risk reduction. Contribute to the development, implementation and administration of the Section’s projects and programmes, with a focus on school safety. Engage in policy and technical dialogue with related sectors in UNESCO and other organizations to build synergies and partnerships on disaster risk reduction initiatives.
- Contribute substantively to policy analysis and data collection/analysis within the framework of the Section’s projects on geo-hazard risk reduction and, particularly, on school safety.
- Assist in drafting project proposals, project reports, brochures and training materials for the activities implemented by the Section as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of inputs for meetings and workshops.
- Support the identification of new opportunities for UNESCO projects in the field of geo-hazards risk reduction.
- Promote partnerships with relevant stakeholders, including Member States and other UN organizations, to facilitate knowledge sharing and networking in the field of geo-hazard risk reduction.
- Provide support to colleagues in the Section to ensure proper delivery of outputs.
- Get acquainted with the work of UNESCO and perform other related duties as required.
- Currently enrolled or having recently completed a Master's Degree or equivalent in disaster risk management, natural sciences, geography, architecture, civil/environmental engineering or other related fields.
- Previous work experience in the field of disaster risk reduction will be an asset.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of the other working language of UNESCO’s headquarters (French) is desirable. Knowledge of Portuguese will be an advantage.
Up to six months, starting date: to be agreed upon (as soon as possible).
Earth Sciences and Geo-Hazards Risk Reduction Section, Natural Sciences Sector, UNESCO, Paris, France.
Kindly note that internships at UNESCO are unpaid.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email your CV and a letter of motivation in English to Mr Soichiro Yasukawa (S.Yasukawa@unesco.org), with Mr Jair Torres (J.Torres@unesco.org) and Ms Margherita Fanchiotti (M.Fanchiotti@unesco.org) in copy.
Aggiungi un commento
Accedi dalla colonna di destra per aggiungere un commento.