The role of universities in capacity building under the Paris Agreement
- Autore: ICCCAD-International Centre for Climate Change and
- Anno: 2016
- Casa Editrice: INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR CLIMATE CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT (ICCCAD)
- Sito: http://www.acclimatise.uk.com/login/uploaded/resources/Capacity%20Building%20Policy%20Brief%20July%204.pdf
AUTHOR(S: Hoffmeister, V.; Averill, M.; Hug, S.
This paper discusses how empowering universities to educate students on climate change could create systems that continue to build countries’ capacities to tackle climate-related problems for decades to come. The publication presents the following low-cost, high impact activities that could be carried out for harnessing universities' potential to build capacity:
- global engagement of universities and NGOs;
- research collaborations;
- problem-based collaboration;
- improving access to information;
- distance learning; and
- student exchanges.