Research Assistant - Risk and Resilience ProgrammeThis is an exciting opportunity for a Research Assistant to join the Risk and Resilience Programme. We are seeking a Research Assistant to support researchers working on climate change adaptation, and disaster risk and resilience. Under the supervision of researchers in the risk and resilience programme, you will contribute to developing, conducting and managing policy relevant, high-quality and innovative research, policy advice and public affairs programmes.
The institution is a respected voice on climate adaptation, disaster risk management, and the risks associated with humanitarian emergencies. Teams across ODI are working on a diverse range of risk and resilience themes, ranging from sustainable livelihood to urban planning and infrastructure, anchored by a core of 15 experts in our Risk and Resilience programme. We aim to support climate-compatible development and poverty reduction through high quality research, analysis and debate.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in a relevant discipline
- Some knowledge of key institutions and actors in the humanitarian sector and beyond, and of main issues and discussions related to humanitarian evaluation (essential)
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Some experience in conducting systematic literature reviews and annotated bibliographies
- Some experience in assisting with the production of research outputs
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Previous experience in an international policy development research environment is desirable
- Some developing country work experience is desirable
£21,824 - £27,600
Fixed Term Contract (until 31 March 2018)
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, please download an application pack from our website. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 3327 7290 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ODI is an equal opportunities employer
Aggiungi un commento
Accedi dalla colonna di destra per aggiungere un commento.