Science communications and web managerThe Global Earthquake Model (GEM) is a global collaborative effort that brings together state-of-the-art science, national, regional, and international organisations and individuals to develop open tools, datasets, and best practice. GEM is looking for a Science Communications and Web Manager to work with and support GEM's international team on developing and maintaining GEM's communication tools and resources.
We are looking for someone with experience in science communications and outreach who speaks English fluently.
- Communicating complex scientific/technical information to non-experts
- Managing content for the GEM website http://www.globalquakemodel.org/ and other web channels including social-media.
- Writing documents and articles online and offline, such as press releases, news items, regular updates for GEM Partners, speeches, etc.
- Supporting GEM collaborators worldwide with tailored communications materials, such as proposals, presentations, brochures, booths, materials.
- Preparing fund-raising supporting materials - presentation packages tailored for specific sectors/organizations that could potentially support GEM activities.
- Fluency in English (mother tongue or a demonstrated professional proficiency)
- 3-5 years of experience in science communications and outreach in an international context
- Familiarity with content management systems, web 2.0 tools, and graphics design.
- Creative skills: being able to translate concepts and information into visuals, experience with developing concepts for brochures, presentations, infographs
- Experience with editorial process or publishing
- Media/press experience
- Experience working with scientists/engineers and disaster/emergency managers
- Expertise in graphics design
- Fluency in other languages
We are looking for a team-player, a proactive individual with a result-oriented attitude, able to work in an international and interdisciplinary team, and with people of very diverse cultural and professional backgrounds. GEM is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages the applications of qualified female candidates.
GEM offers a young, innovative and stimulating international working environment in Pavia, a university town in the North of Italy (at 30 km distance from Milan).
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply to: email@example.com with a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the position, your list of references (minimum 2), and timeline of availability. Candidates will be asked to undergo a written test.
The selection procedure will continue until we have found a suitable candidate.
Aggiungi un commento
Accedi dalla colonna di destra per aggiungere un commento.