Web Developer Geographic Information System
DATORE: World Food Programme (WFP) - LUOGO: Italy (Rome) - SCADENZA BANDO: 29 Jul 2015
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill the position of Geographic Information System Web Developer, which will be based in the Emergency Preparedness Branch (OSEP) at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The selected candidate will be offered an international consultancy contract for an initial period of 6 months.
The WFP Emergency Preparedness Branch (OSEP), in collaboration with other relevant units, is developing a Spatial Risk Calendar (SPARC) to support emergency preparedness and programme planning. To support emergency preparedness and early warning SPARC will combine data layers covering hazard exposure and population vulnerability to determine baseline probabilistic levels of humanitarian impact associated with particular hazard types, on a monthly basis, at a sub-national level, around the globe. To support programme design it will identify subnational areas with varying degrees of exposure to natural shocks, and population vulnerability, on a monthly/seasonal level.
Reporting to the Head of the Analysis and Early Warning Unit, the Consultant will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Develop server side code to incorporate the GIS-based outputs of the SPARC GIS Risk Analyst in the SPARC platform;
- Develop code to visualise the data in point 1 via the SPARC interface, in map and tabular form;
- Develop spatial queries that filter all datasets according to defined thresholds, and presents results in map and tabular format;
- Respond user and management feedback on all points above, and make adaptions as needed;
- Perform other tasks relevant to the SPARC project as requested.
Qualifications & Experience Required
University degree in Geographical Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Management or other relevant fields.
- At least 5 years of professional experience working with Web software tools & publishing applications based on Linux and PostgreSQL/PostGIS databases;
- Deep geospatial experience is highly desirable.
Technical Skills & Core Competencies:
- Extensive knowledge of Python frameworks and libraries (especially Django);
- Extensive knowledge of the GeoNode Web Platform;
- Courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
- Good analytical and conceptual skills;
- Ability to work both with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
Fluency in both oral and written English.
How to apply
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/15-0017975
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Aggiungi un commento
Accedi dalla colonna di destra per aggiungere un commento.