Disaster Risk Reduction Programme Officer - Diakonie Katastophenhilfe (DKH)
DATORE: Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe - LUOGO: Turkey (Istanbul) - SCADENZA BANDO: 30 Mar 2015
Working under the supervision and in close collaboration with the DKH RO Program Coordinator and in close collaboration with the second DRR Program Officer, the DRR Program Officer is responsible to fulfil the following tasks:
Program Management Support
- Supporting project planning and monitor the implementation by local partners.
- Monitoring and evaluating through field visits and remote management.
- Preparing, reporting and following work plans of project activities implemented by local/strategic partners in the region.
- Following the administrative and other preparatory work for the planning and implementation of project components including procurement procedures, financial and work planning of partners.
- During monitoring visits to projects implemented by local partners, supporting the partner in managing records, files, folders, and other project documentation.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly and quarterly reports from partners. Also ensure timely submission of quarterly reports to DKH HQ, indicating project status and planned versus actual comparisons including target figures and documentation of project related photographs and success stories.
- Identifying gaps in the management of projects and supporting local partners in undertaking action for improvements.
- Assist local partners in developing project proposals to be submitted to DKH HQ and also third party donor agencies.
- Ensuring that narrative and financial reports of local partners are prepared in accordance with the requirements and regulations of third party donors, if any.
- Managing local Monitoring and Reporting staff in Afghanistan, Palestine or Pakistan.
Strategy Planning and Coordination
- Planning DRR strategies and annual action plans for DRR focus countries in either Pakistan/Afghanistan or Gaza and potentially other focus countries in the region of West and Central Asia.
- Ensuring the collaboration of all stakeholders of DKH in the field, from staff of DKH and local partners to target communities and other aid agencies and scientific institutions active in the same area of operation.
- Attending coordination meetings in sectors that are relevant to DKH sectors of operation.
- Establishing and maintaining good contact with the ACT Alliance Forum in each focus country, if available.
- Identifying DRR capacity building and technical backstopping needs of local monitoring staff and local/strategic partners to increase their competence and knowledge in DRR programming and thereby improving the quality of projects and consolidate the DRR knowledge in the region.
- Preparing and updating training modules for DRR and delivering or supporting the delivery of (remote) trainings on Risk Assessment, DRM, Community Based DRR and PCM.
- Provide sector specific input and guidance within prevention, preparedness and response.
- Assessing organizational capacity of local partners and designing and assist or manage tailor made capacity building programs, where needed.
- Provide support for the regional Capacity Building program for the DRR focused project countries.
- Providing support to the Operations Manager in establishing and maintaining a roster of human resources for emergency response and technical sector support in the region.
- Supporting the development of DKH’s emergency preparedness plan for the region.
- Where needed, carrying out one or more of the following tasks in the aftermath of a disaster in Asia.
- Conducting impact evaluation studies of relief and recovery programs.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit the following to: applications@dkh-‐istanbul.org
- An up to date CV (including 3 reference persons with contact details)
- A letter of motivation explaining why the candidates skills/ experience are suited for the position
- Application deadline is 30 March 2015. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted!
- Please indicate reference nr DKHDRRPO1502 in the subject of your email.
Aggiungi un commento
Accedi dalla colonna di destra per aggiungere un commento.